Rick Alford and Natalie Shulkin offer over 45 years of combined real estate experience and the Rick Alford Team is consistently among the top producing REALTORS® in the Lexington and Rockbridge County, VA area.
Rick and Natalie’s clients include longtime Lexington residents, W&L and VMI professors, retirees, equestrians, outdoor enthusiasts, people interested in sustainable living, investors and 2nd home owners. They are also adept at helping people from out-of-state find the ideal home or investment property in the Lexington area.
Rick and Natalie are deeply connected to the Lexington community. They shop and dine locally to support area businesses and they have a great affinity for the area’s outdoor lifestyle. They truly understand what makes the Lexington/Rockbridge area special and they take pride in the large number of repeat clients and personal referrals they receive.
Office Phone: (540) 463-2016 | Cell Phone: (540) 460-3372
- Opened RE/MAX Town & Country in 1994
- Specializing in investment properties, land, farms, 2nd homes and historic estates
- Accredited Land Consultant (ALC), Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR), Graduate Realtors Institute (GRI)
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame for Sales Achievement
- Goal-oriented and focused on meeting clients’ needs
- MBA from Fairleigh Dickinson University
- BA from Grove City College in Pennsylvania
- Resident of Lexington/Rockbridge County since 1987
- Member of the Board of Directors for the LBVR Association of REALTORS®
- Sponsor (and player!) in The Conway Cup, an annual soccer tournament supporting the Conway family and the fight against ALS
- Proud dad of his college-age son, Eliot
- Hobbies include soccer, bicycling, hiking, canoeing and traveling
Office Phone: (540) 463-2016 | Cell Phone: (540) 570-2000
- Part of the Rick Alford Team since 1997 and a licensed real estate agent since 2001
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) and e-PRO certification in real estate technology
- BS from the University of Vermont
- Moved from New England to Virginia in 1990 – She feels the lifestyle and topography is similar but doesn’t miss New England’s harsh winters!
- Sense of professional fulfillment when she can resolve a complex issue for a client
- Takes the time to listen and learn about her clients’ needs, concerns and personal goals
- Loves the character of historic homes and can visualize remodeling possibilities (removing walls, expanding kitchens, updating bathrooms, etc.)
- Previously lived on acreage in Fairfield with horses and chickens
- Currently lives within walking distance of Downtown Lexington in a 1938 home they are painting and remodeling
- Proud mom to two adult children – Dylan who lives in Virginia Beach and Alyssa who lives in Madrid, Spain
- Started Rockbridge Community Hikers in 2008
- Community involvement includes Habitat for Humanity’s Women’s Build, FOLK at the Lime Kiln Theater and hosting W&L International Students
- Other hobbies include cooking, hiking, canoeing, spin class at the Y, road biking, book club and entertaining friends